Info & programme
Pekao Szczecin Open 2012
20th edition of the Pekao Szczecin Open challenger tournament will take place between September 15th and 23rd, on the Promasters' clay courts, on the Wojska Polskiego 127 av. in Szczecin. The tournament is expected to last 9 days, out of which the first two are intended for the qualifying matches..
The tournament is organized yearly since 1993. At the beginning it was a satellite tournament, with 25.000 $ in prize money and since 1996 Pekao Szczecin Open is a challenger tournament. Since 1997, Pekao Szczecin Open offers 125.000$ in prize money + hospitality (free accommodation and board for the players). The tournament is a licensed ATP Challenger event.
Bank Pekao joint-stock company and a city of Szczecin are the main sponsors.
- September 15th – 16th (Saturday – Sunday) – qualification games (32 players play for 4 spots in the Main Tournament).
- September 17th – 23rd – Main Tournament (32 single players and 16 doubles)
- September 17th – 20th (Monday-Thursday) – first and second rounds of the main tournament
- September 21st (Friday) – quarterfinals (estimated play hours 11.00-21.00)
- September 22nd (Saturday) – singles semifinals, doubles final at 19:00
- September 23rd (Sunday) – singles final at 12.00
- Match of the Day (apart from the final Sunday) will take place at 19:00 with artificial lighting on the Centre Court.